Monday, September 8, 2008

10 Things I learned while playing tennis

  1. Good manners go out the window when you feel compelled to call a man an ass during mixed doubles season.
  2. I don't care what my hair looks like from May til August.
  3. Visors are flattering.
  4. Sleeveless tennis shirts are made from tiny pieces of stretchy cloth that don't stretch.
  5. Sometimes slamming a ball over the fence feels better than actually scoring a point.
  6. I wish I could serve like a man but still look cute in my skirt.
  7. Some girls who shake your hand at the beginning of the match don't really want to be your friend.
  8. Don't touch my racket.
  9. Glucose tablets go well with Mountain Dew.
  10. Get your damn hands off my racket.

3 comments:

SmashGal said...

Ten things I learned about myself while playing tennis.
1. I believe in fair play. Don't call a dang ball out just because you can't beat me.
2. I have quite a temper. (See #1-this is what usually starts it.)
3. I don't believe anyone who starts spouting rules to defend a call. (They are usually just making it up to fit the situation.)
4. I shouldn't eat carrots or peanuts while hot.
5. Contrary to popular belief, pouring a cooler full of ice on your hoo hoo WILL revive you.
6. I'd better be nice to everyone I play because eventually they will show up at some event or party that I am having...AND remember me.
7. I really can run, I just don't like to.
8. I don't like playing line 1 as much as I used to.
9. I don't like playing line 5 as much as I used to.
10. I like to click racquets.

Unknown said...

Don't touch your racket- LOL : ) Glucose tablets and Mountain Dew- are you trying to kill yourself?!

Unknown said...

NEW POST ALREADY-GEEZ!!!!!